The master's degree program in Agricultural Leadership has been approved by the University System of Georgia.
This master's program is designed to develop future agricultural leaders. The overall objective of the program is to provide graduate-level training for those individuals seeking leadership positions with agricultural agencies, producer groups, government agencies and related businesses.
Graduates will be able to:
- Articulate a philosophy of leadership development based on leadership development theory applied to current issues and trends;
- Critically evaluate relevant research;
- Communicate with public concerning agricultural issues;
- Use interpersonal skills and dynamics related to problem solving;
- Practice group process, problem solving and team building skills;
- Conceptualize theories of organizational development related to profit and non-profit agricultural organizations;
- Research, synthesize and articulate public issues related to agricultural and environmental issues;
- Work in leadership positions of agribusinesses, state and federal agencies and agricultural commodity commissions and organizations;
- Develop a personal framework in dealing with ethical issues related to agricultural and environmental sciences;
- Formulate a plan for conflict resolution, managing and initiating change in groups and organizations.
How can I find out more?
Please contact us for further information or questions regarding this program, and all other programs offered in the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication at the University of Georgia.
- Master of Agricultural Leadership Information Packet (doc)
- MAL Admissions Process (pdf)
- Degree Checksheet (doc)
- Schedule of Courses (doc)
- Course Descriptions (pdf)